Looking for some warm baked goods that won’t spike your blood sugar? I was and I have tried tons of recipes in the past few months. Here are two that I especially loved!
2.5 cups of almond flour
1/2 tea spoon sea salt
4 tablespoons honey or other natural sweetener or 4 dates, pureed
1/3 cup melted butter or ghee
1/2 cup fresh or frozen berries
Preheat oven to 350. Grease a baking sheet with butter or coconut oil.
In a medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
In a separate bowl, whisk eggs until combined. Add melted butter, and honey.
Combine wet and dry ingredients.
Fold in berries.
Drop ¼ cup of dough onto the baking sheet, shape into triangle shapes.
Bake 15 minutes.
This recipe makes adding your favorite flavors easy. Add some lemon juice, zest, essential oil and poppy seeds or maybe cinnamon and diced apples. Add a cup of blueberries or a hand full of dried fruit. Very versatile!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- Sweetener to taste — stevia is great. If you are using sugar honey works well.
3) Mix dry ingredients together well.
4) Add wet ingredients and mix thoroughly (You don’t want strings of egg white in there and you don’t have to worry about “tunnels” when you are using almond meal).
5) Put in muffin tins (about 1/2 to 2/3 full) and bake for about 15 minutes.