I couldn’t get through even a few weeks of posting about pumpkin without including a baked good. It may be a cookie, but I think you might agree that this recipe yields great nutrition and flavor. This recipe is inspired by a recipe from Spectrum featuring their coconut oil.
Made with whole grain oats, naturally sweetened with honey and flavored with delicious dried fruit and seeds I think this is going to be one of my staples along with a warm mug of tea or coffee this season.
You can find all of the ingredients except seasoning on our web site! http://www.brownboxorganics.com
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- ⅔ cup dried cranberries
- ⅔ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup ground flax
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl warm Spectrum® coconut oil and honey (either microwave, inside preheating oven or on the stove top).
- In a large bowl combine both kinds of oats, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, ground flax, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Add pumpkin puree, eggs and warmed coconut oil and honey. Stir until fully combined.
- Drop about ¼ cup sized scoops of the mixture onto a cookie sheet and flatten (cookies won’t spread while baking). Bake for about 15-20 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet before moving to an airtight storage container.