Some days I just need something to be cooking, filling the house with the aroma of warm food. This recipe is so easy and features a seasonal favorite, fresh cranberries. Enjoy!
Pork Roast with Cranberries
- 1 pork roast (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 1 pint fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Salt to taste
- Place pork roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small pan add cranberries, sugar, orange juice, mustard and cloves. Cook and mask until thinned and saucy. Pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast and keep warm. Skim fat from juices. Pour into a 2-cup measuring cup; add water if necessary to measure 2 cups. Pour into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt. Serve with sliced pork. Yield: 4-6 servings.