This recipe is very quick to put together and quick cooking as well. Cooking time will vary depending on the method of cooking you select so make sure you check internal temperature is above 165 degrees. Here are a few ways we enjoy this recipe:
- After School Snack with veggies
- Over rice served with veggies
- As an appetizer
- As a take along dish to share for parties (kept warm in the crock pot).
- As a meal over Asian noodles with favorite veggies like carrots and snap peas.
- 1 lb. ground turkey or chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (white if available)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (neutral like safflower, grapeseed or canola)
Combine all the ingredients except the oil. Thoroughly mix all the ingredients. Roll into golf ball size meatballs. These can be grilled, roasted or pan fried in the oil. Makes about two dozen meatballs. Serve with hoisin sauce or your favorite Asian sauces.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- ½ cup red miso paste
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar