- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin bite sized slices
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms, sliced (white mushrooms are authentic to the recipe, but I love crimini)
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, then in ½ inch slices
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger (or ½ teaspoon ground ginger)
- sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Toss the chicken with cornstarch.
- Heat the canola and sesame oil in the pan.
- Add chicken and cook on medium-high until browned on both sides, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken from the pan, and turn the heat up to high.
- Add in the mushrooms and zucchini and cook until they start to brown.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook/stir for 30 seconds.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes as vegetables soften a little.
- Add the chicken back in and stir to coat.
- Add in the soy sauce and balsamic vinegar and stir to coat.
- Serve with brown rice