I love Asian inspired flavor and this recipe is fun and flavorful. I usually think first of Spaghetti Squash with Italian favorites like Chicken or Eggplant Parmesan. I was really excited to try something completely different and was pleasantly surprised at the tasty results. Enjoy!
Spaghetti Squash Chow Mein
- 1 spaghetti squash (large)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tsps ginger (freshly grated)
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 onions (diced)
- 3 stalks celery (sliced diagonally)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- Cut a spaghetti squash in half length wise and scoop out seeds. Lay skin side up in a 13 x 9 rectangle baking dish and pour 1/2 inch of water in the bottom of the pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes, until flesh is very tender. Once done, scoop out flesh with a fork so it breaks apart into strings, set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar, ginger and white pepper; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and celery, and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in cabbage until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Stir in spaghetti squash and soy sauce mixture until well combined, about 2 minutes.