Happy Spring! The simple ingredient line up for this recipe includes three delicious vegetables that are at their peak in Spring; radish, cucumber and snap peas.
· 1/2 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed and, if large, halved diagonally
· 1 English cucumber halved lengthwise and seeded
· 1 bunch radish, stems removed ad washed
· ¼ cup sesame seeds, toasted
· 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
· 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
1. Cook peas in a saucepan of boiling salted water for about 30 seconds. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold water to stop cooking.
2. Cut halved cucumber and radishes crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick half moon slices.
3. Toss peas, cucumber, radishes, and sesame seeds with vinegars and season with salt and pepper.