Every season there seems to be something I can’t get enough of. This summer it is Salad Rolls. My husband loves tacos and likes to eat them nearly every week. I joke that these are my Asian Tacos. I could easily eat them every week. They best part is that they are very easy to prepare and we normally have the ingredients on hand.
- 2 oz. rice stick noodles (optional, but normally included)
- 1 cup shredded or matchstick carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced cabbage (I like red best, but any will work)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro (basil and parsley are also good in the mix)
- 1 cucumber peeled, seeded and cut into matchsticks
- 1 sweet pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, cut into thin strips length wise
- 1 package of rice sheets
Notes: Cooked meats optional (Chicken and shrimp work well). Try other veggies! We like summer squash or zucchini chopped into matchsticks. I love to load these with chopped spinach.
Simple Peanut Sauce for Dipping. To prepare combine: ½ cup creamy peanut butter and ¼ cup sweet chili sauce.
1. If using noodles cook according to package directions and set aside. We like these best with just vegetables, but they are traditionally made with the noodles.
2. Prepare the rice sheets according to directions.
3. Layer with preferred amounts of each ingredient and roll up.