Soup is perfect on a cold day like this one! We like to serve this easy slow cooker soup with dumplings. My favorite thing about this recipes is that is very adaptable. I love to cook what I feel like eating and use recipes that adapt well with the season and my Variety Box. This week our boxes have one of my favorite combinations for this recipe; shiitake mushrooms, snow peas, carrots, cilantro and green onions. I hope you enjoy making this recipe your own.
- 3 cups chicken broth/stock or equivalent
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons minced ginger
- 3 lb. chicken thighs or 3 lb. pork roast
- 3-4 cups veggies – your choice! See notes.
- 3 oz. Vermicelli Rice Noodle (dried)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
Notes: The vegetables for this recipe can be as simple as one head of bok choy chopped or a combination of your favorites. We like to use: celery, mushrooms, snow peas, carrots, spinach and bok choy depending on the season.
Directions: Combine the chicken broth, soy sauce, rice wine in a slow cooker or dutch oven. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or until the meats shred. If using chicken then remove any bones. Add your vegetables and cook 30-60 more minutes. Add the noodles for the last ten minutes cooking time. Add salt to taste. Stir in cilantro.