These muffins are not particularly healthy. I am searching for very healthy rhubarb recipes so if you have one please share. 🙂 I love the flavor of rhubarb, but most recipes compensate for the tartness in rhubarb with more sugar than we need to be consuming. In the meantime we are enjoying a little too much strawberry rhubarb muffins and crisp topped with ice cream this Spring. Enjoy!
· 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
· 1/4 cup oil (I use melted coconut, but vegetable will also work)
· 1 egg
· 1 1/3 cups flour (Use white for lighter muffins. Whole wheat white for more nutrients dense muffin.)
· 2/3 cup brown sugar
· 1/2 tsp baking soda
· 1/4 tsp salt
· 1 cup diced rhubarb & strawberries combined
Pecan Streusel Topping Combine: 1/4 cup chopped pecans, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 2 teaspoons melted butter.
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl combine the yogurt, oil and egg.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt.
4. Pour the dry ingredient mixture into the mixing bowl. Add the rhubarb and strawberries. Mix until just combined.
5. Line a muffin tin and fill each cup 2/3 way full.
6. Add streusel topping one teaspoon over each muffin until distributed evenly over muffins.
7. Bake for about 25 minutes & Enjoy!