Simple Summer Salads are staple sides for our family this time of year. I love making big salads and using leftovers for quick weekday lunches. Enjoy!
- 1 cup Quinoa, we like True Roots Organic
- 2 cups water or broth
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (omit if broth has salt)
- ½ cup crumbled feta style cheese, we like Edan local Feta or Ballard Cheese Feta Style Cheese
- 2/3 cup Organic Grape or Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 can sliced black olives, we like natural value
- 3 Tablespoons Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, we like Newmans Own Organic
- 1 Tablespoon minced Red Onion
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- ¼ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon freshly ground black peppercorn
- Bring water, quinoa, and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Spread quinoa on a baking sheet and cool, about 30 minutes.
- Mix quinoa, tomatoes, feta cheese, sunflower seeds, parsley, and olives together in a large bowl.
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, and pepper together in a bowl; pour over quinoa mixture and toss to coat.