We have the most beautiful extra large avocados right now! Here is a great recipe for simple Guacamole. Enjoy!
- 2 large ripe avocado, halved and pitted
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup red or sweet yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/8 cup lime or lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt (or more to taste)
- ground pepper
- 1/2 finely chopped, seeded jalapeno (optional)
Mash avocados in a small bowl. Add cilantro, onion, lime juice, salt, pepper and optional jalapeno (for heat) if desired.
Notes: Other ideas for add in are hot sauce, cayenne and chipotle.
I can’t resist sharing this picture of my youngest son. Avocados rarely make it to even the simplest recipes when he is around. He loves to eat them plain. 🙂