This recipe is easily adaptable to your taste or seasonal availability. We like it best with roasted yam, carrot, brussels sprouts or all three! It is also very good with baking apples if you enjoy the sweet and savory mix.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed, carrot chopped or yams peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place vegetables in a single layer in a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and maple syrup; toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon; season with salt and black pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven until bacon is crispy and vegetables are caramelized, 45 minutes, stirring halfway through.