Local Turkey! I am very excited about our FRESH LOCAL turkey again this year. Do you love turkey year round? Would you like local turkey for Christmas or other holiday meals in the future? Now is the time to stock up. Ask about our multiple turkey discount.
Order deadline is November 15th, but order early because we will undoubtedly sell out before the deadline. These are pre-order prepay since we will be getting them just for you! You can order on-line or by phone. Turkey’s will be delivered the week of Thanksgiving. We will call or e-mail your specific delivery date and time.
Details: We collect the non-refundable deposit at the time of delivery. The deposit is the minimum cost for the weight range you have ordered. If your turkey is a little bigger but within the range you requested any balance due will be billed on the day you receive the turkey. The price is $4.49 per pound. ∙ 12 lb. and under $54.00, ∙ 13-16 lb. $58.50, ∙ 16-21 lb. $72.00, ∙ Over 21 lb. $95.00
NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER: HOLIDAY FEAST BUNDLE. Perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas or any other gathering! $49.99. SAVE $10.00 if you order before November 15th! See our web site for details.
This recipe is an adaptation of some of my favorite Carrot and Morning Glory Muffin recipes. It is very light (About 185 calories/8 grams healthy fats/4 grams protein per muffin) compared to most muffin recipes and well received by my family. Fluffy sugar filled muffins are an easy sale, but healthy muffins are a little tougher. No use making healthy baked goods if nobody wants to eat them. I hope they go over well at your home also. 🙂
Rachel for the Brown Box Team
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup rolled oats plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil (if it is solid then put jar in warm water until melted)
- 1 ½ cups grated carrots
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut plus 2 tablespoons
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl combine whole-wheat flour, ½ cup rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and all-spice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, applesauce, honey, and vanilla. Add in coconut oil and combine.
- Slowly stir in flour mixture just until moisten. Please note at this time the batter will be very wet.
- Slowly fold in the carrots, coconut, and raisins. The batter at this time will be a little thicker and resemble more of a muffin batter.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin tip with cooking spray. Divide the batter among the muffin cups. I used a cookie scoop and filled each muffin cup with two scoops. This worked out quite well and made the muffins very even. Divide the 2 tablespoons of oats and coconut evenly over the 12 muffins.
- Bake the muffins for 30 -35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean after being inserted. Mine baked for the full 35 minutes. Let sit for around 5 minutes then take out of muffin pan and place on wire rack to finish cooling.
Autumn is apple season. These delightful fruits are well known, but some of the varieties are less well recognized Here is the run down of our most popular apples of the season:
- Most Loved: Honeycrisp – This exceptionally crisp and juicy apple is best for fresh eating or sliced over salads. The Honeycrisp Apple season is quickly coming to an end so come in today and get what you can, while you can! This variety has been a best seller for years.
- Most Popular: Fuji excellent for fresh eating, pies, sauces and baking. This apple may be the most popular for several reasons. It is a variety that is reliable, well known, easy to find and usually has a lower price point that many other varieties due to availability.
- Favorite Tart: Pink Lady – The balanced sweet-tart flavor with a hint of effervescence and firm texture make Pink Lady Apples great for eating, salads and baking.
- Best for Baking: Granny Smith – Crisp and tart with hints of sweetness, Granny Smith Apples are excellent eaten fresh or for salads, sauces, poaching and all types of baking.
• House Favorite: Braeburn – With rich flavors and firm, yet juicy flesh, Braeburn Apples are a great choice for snacking, pies, salads, sauces and baking. I had to include this one because although it is not a best seller it is our house favorite.
You will see over twenty varieties of Apple as available throughout the season.
Locally raised all natural Lamb cuts are now available brought to us by Cruz Family Farm in Buhl, Idaho. Find ground, stew meat, racks, chops, riblets and lets while supplies last in the Beef & Lamb Category.
About the Farm: At Cruz Family Farm in Buhl, Idaho, our Dorper-cross lambs are born and raised on our small, family farm. Humanely raised, they graze on our spray-free pastures, and are fed non-gmo alfalfa hay without chemical sprays throughout the winter. They drink from our well water and are never fed grains, nor given antibiotics or hormones. This small herd is a project that our teenage son started about 5 years ago, and our animals are all well-loved and cared for. Taste the difference that 100% grass-fed makes!
Find these and other delicious foods on our web site today: www.BrownBoxOrganics.com