Welcome to a New Local Organic Creamery!
For Home Delivery Starting September 28th.
“Our family has been in the dairy and ag industry for four generations and milk has always been my drink of choice. Thankfully the opportunity arose to open a local creamery in Meridian, Idaho bottling fresh organic milk from my uncle’s farm in Gooding. We love organic milk because it gives us peace of mind about quality and I love that our customers can know exactly where their milk comes from.”
Locally Produced Organic Milk!
Featuring convenient recyclable containers.
Choose from Cream Top (pasteurized) or Whole (pasteurized and homogenized)
in half gallon or one gallon size.
Take advantage of our
Introductory “GRAND OPENING” prices:
$3.69 per half gallon or $7.49 per gallon
through October 31st.
Get to know your Organic Produce: Kiwi Berries
Our Variety Boxes feature delicious Kiwi Berries this week. Our Kiwi Berries are grown about ten hours east of Boise in Sotherlin, Oregon on a family owned Organic farm. See more of their story and interesting Kiwi Berry facts below.
Did you know?
- Kiwi Berries contain 5 times the Vitamin C of an orange.
- Twice as much Vitamin E as an Avocado with fewer calories.
- Eat just like grapes – no peeling!
- Can be ripened until dark and wrinkled for full flavor.
More About the Kiwi Berries Farm Life
Dennis and Jean Wilde started their farm in Sutherlin, Oregon, in 2012. Dennis had retired but wanted to remain active; he convinced Jean to go into farming, and they purchased 180 acres. Their intention was to plant olive trees for olive oil, thus the name Popeye’s Girlfriend in reference to Olive Oyl from the old Popeye cartoon. In June 2013, they planted 3,100 olive trees, and in December that year a killing freeze took out half their trees, with the other half reduced to stumps that fortunately re-sprouted from the roots. This experience made it clear, olive oil alone was not going to sustain the farm, so they turned to kiwi berries on the recommendation of a neighbor. Kiwi berries are a cold hardy fruit that do well in the Pacific Northwest climate and are becoming popular in the U.S. The Wilde’s now intensively farm 64 acres total, with 26 acres in kiwi berry production and another 22 acres slated for kiwi berries in the coming years. They hope this becomes a multi-generational business that will be attractive to their children and grandchildren, and be a strong source of high quality, organic food into the future.
Shop all seasonal Organic Fruit now!
A new school year can be exciting, bustling, and busy! Eating fresh, nutritious foods can get lost in the shuffle. Healthy snacks and meals are key to providing fuel for the brain and body. We suggest incorporating Back-to-School Bento Box Ideas BROWN BOX Style…your kids will love it!
Protein & Health Ball Lunch Ideas
BREAKFAST ON-THE-GO Box:
- Waffle bites, Morning Rounds, English muffin, or toast– can make sandwich style filled with protein packed nut butter or scrambled eggs
- Fruit slices- melon, apples, oranges, pineapple, anything easily finger held
- Veggies and dip- sliced jicama, carrots, cauliflower and hummus or yogurt
ROLLED UP LUNCH Box:
- Tortilla filled with sliced lunch meat, cheese, and greens. Alternate option PIZZA style– marinara sauce, pepperoni slices, cheese.
- Vibrant vegetable salad of greens or spinach, peppers, carrots, broccoli. Sprinkle nuts on top for added protein and healthy fat.
- Hand held fresh fruit (whole or sliced)
SOUP and SANDWICH Box:
- Sandwich- any variety: meat and cheese, fruit and nut butter, grilled cheese
- Soup- try tomato, split pea, chicken and rice, veggie beef
- Boiled egg, whole or sliced
- Fresh veggies and fruit- baby carrots, celery, banana, plum
- Crackers- great for dipping in soup or topping with egg slices.
AVOCADOS are AWESOME Box:
- Avocado half
- Granola- bar or trail mix. Alternate option: dried fruit and nuts
- Fruit, easily fingered- grapes, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries
- Soup on the side
Find these and many other seasonal, organic and natural foods on our web site at http://www.BrownBoxOrganics.com
Beautiful Bento Lunch photos used with permission from: http://www.raisinggenerationnourished.com/ Visit this web site for more healthy meal ideas and inspiration!
Ready to Order? Use Promo Code SAVE10 for $10 Off your first delivery!
Promotion good until December 31, 2017. For new and inactive customers only. Cannot be combined with other discounts. Other terms and conditions may apply.
Every season there seems to be something I can’t get enough of. This summer it is Salad Rolls. My husband loves tacos and likes to eat them nearly every week. I joke that these are my Asian Tacos. I could easily eat them every week. They best part is that they are very easy to prepare and we normally have the ingredients on hand.
- 2 oz. rice stick noodles (optional, but normally included)
- 1 cup shredded or matchstick carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced cabbage (I like red best, but any will work)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro (basil and parsley are also good in the mix)
- 1 cucumber peeled, seeded and cut into matchsticks
- 1 sweet pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, cut into thin strips length wise
- 1 package of rice sheets
Notes: Cooked meats optional (Chicken and shrimp work well). Try other veggies! We like summer squash or zucchini chopped into matchsticks. I love to load these with chopped spinach.
Simple Peanut Sauce for Dipping. To prepare combine: ½ cup creamy peanut butter and ¼ cup sweet chili sauce.
1. If using noodles cook according to package directions and set aside. We like these best with just vegetables, but they are traditionally made with the noodles.
2. Prepare the rice sheets according to directions.
3. Layer with preferred amounts of each ingredient and roll up.
Posted in Basil, Cabbage, Carrot, Cucumber, Garlic, Ginger Root, Greens, Herb, Onion, Peppers, Spinach, Summer Squash, Zucchini & Summer Squash
Tagged asian vegetable dish, eat more vegetables, salad roll, summer roll, vegetarian, weeknight quick