We love when we find natural seasonings that pair great with the fresh fruits and vegetables of the season. That’s exactly why we love Chile Lime Seasoning by Spicology. Watch for limited time and new items on our Sale & Feature page. You will also find great recipes featuring these products here on our blog and in our delivery box fliers.
We LOVE supporting local companies who make real food. Karen the Owner of Anew Museli has been making delicious selection of Mulsei for over one year. Her Museli is made with real ingredients and locally sourced oats. Try all five varieties on sale now!
It has been a little quiet here on our blog as we have poured energy into celebrating our 12th Anniversary this month! We have enjoyed celebrating all over the community with Giveaways and events. It’s been fun to say “Thank You!” to everyone who has supported our local company and the over fifty local organic farms, ranches and food artisans.
We love Giveaways and celebrating all the real good food of each season. If you would like to be in the know on these events be sure to watch your delivery box insert and follow us on social media. You can also sign up for our newsletter where we often have exclusive deals and promotions here.
Simple Summer Salads are staple sides for our family this time of year. I love making big salads and using leftovers for quick weekday lunches. Enjoy!
- 1 cup Quinoa, we like True Roots Organic
- 2 cups water or broth
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (omit if broth has salt)
- ½ cup crumbled feta style cheese, we like Edan local Feta or Ballard Cheese Feta Style Cheese
- 2/3 cup Organic Grape or Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 can sliced black olives, we like natural value
- 3 Tablespoons Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, we like Newmans Own Organic
- 1 Tablespoon minced Red Onion
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- ¼ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon freshly ground black peppercorn
- Bring water, quinoa, and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Spread quinoa on a baking sheet and cool, about 30 minutes.
- Mix quinoa, tomatoes, feta cheese, sunflower seeds, parsley, and olives together in a large bowl.
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, and pepper together in a bowl; pour over quinoa mixture and toss to coat.